Monday, April 12, 2010

The Cn Tower Climb! Join Us to Fight Climate Change and Raise Money for the WWF!

Hi everyone!

Well the CN Tower Climb is 4 days away, however it is still not to late to register with us and help raise money for a great cause!

The World Wildlife Fund needs your help in fighting climate change! Whatever your reason for climbing – your planet, your family, the challenge or even the bragging rights – make this your year to climb!

Each climber must raise a minimum of $75 to climb.

REGISTER HERE!

If you prefer to sponsor us just go to this link:

Sponsor Us!

My training is wrapping up and I will be doing some tapering this week.

I finished my last hard stair climbing workout yesterday at the Dundurn stairs in Hamilton. I did a mock time trial run of the CN Tower and finished it in 10 minutes and 36 seconds. I Know I will get close to 10 minutes this year.

I completed 20 laps of the Dundurn stairs Sunday and my calves are feeling it today!

Here is the game plan from Tuesday to Saturday:

Tuesday - Light stair climbing workout: 6-8 times up 200 flights of stairs. Really only focusing on technique. No running up stairs allowed!

Wednesday - Light weight training workout, 45 mintues max - 15 minutes of stretching

Thursday - Day OFF!

Friday - Light 20 minutes of Cardio on elliptical machine -30 minutes of stretching.

Saturday - Get up at 4 am and go to CN Tower to break the 10 minute mark! :)

Oh it should be fun! Ill let everyone know how I did soon!

Keep On Steppin!

Trevor Folgering
Founder
The Canada StairClimbing Association
289-208-4903

No comments:

Post a Comment